SAUTER equipment includes a number of monoblock controllers (Nova 210, Nova 220, Nova 225, Nova 230); multicard controllers of Nova 106 series with 5 and 11 slots; series of small programable controllers (Nova Ecos); series of peripheral (field) modules.
All controllers provide direct control of equipment independently of dispatching point computers.
Therefore shutting-down or breakdown of computer would not lead to shutting-down of entire system.
Controllers are supplyed with lithium battery, ensuring programe and data storage for 8 – 10 years.
Besides, controllers are supplied with EPROM chips, in which after the control program debugging completion are stored necessary control
parameters and microprogrames.
For local visualization controllers can be connected to control panel with LCD and keyboard. Besides of control panel, controllers have the LED indication of digital inputs and outputs, which allows to localize quickly the causes of malfunctions or breakdowns even during breakdowns of computers.
The cabinets with protection from environment grade - IP 65 or IP54 are used. Assemblage, debugging and outgoing inspection of cabinets is carryed out in production division of
Research-Production Company «Uniservice».
Cabinets contain programmable controllers, communicating or grounding terminal connectors, transformer, relay elements, fastening element and DIN - strips, allowing to carry out single- and multi-level fitting inside the cabinet. All cabinet elements - from leading European companies: Schneider, ABB, Wago, Foenix and others.
Cabinets are supplyed with the voltage control relay inside the cabinet and uninterruptible power supply, which ensure the operability of controllers during power breakdowns. This allows to keep on measurings during power breakdowns, memorize the moment of breakdown occurrence, « softy» shutdown operated equipment and shock-free switch them on when the power appears. Controllers have there own archives of data and events, allowing to recall the pattern of breakdown or power failure.
Software is based on basic program package Nova Pro of Sauter company. It includes:
- software for the database forming and control;
- user interface, designed in intuitively clear form for visualization of the engineering procedure parameters and there control by operator;
- complex medium for the software development and debugging, integrated graphical medium - Case FBD for the development and debugging of the control algorithms, formed from the number of functional blocks.
Software for the database support and control provides:
- accumulation of the history data (trend definition) for all hardware points without limitations; number of the trend groups and number of trends in group is limited by computer resources only;
- ability of flexible filtration of database by time and text selection criteria;
- ability of report generation on the basis of the user defined template;
- review of the history data in the form of diagrams and datasheets, ability of the database export into another data formats of widespread DBCS, supporting ODBC (Open DB Connectivity).
User interface realizes the following functions:
- data representation in the form of mnemonic diagrams with real time values of measurable parameters, controller setpoint values, various icons and other graphic objects,
- delivery of alarms about the off-design operation modes and parameters, exceeding designed values, in form of various signalling on the screen (report in message window, marking the invalid facility by color) and passing of alarms in the database for the breakdown journal formation, as well as, on sound device and printer in real time,
- input of control actions by means of keyboard or mouse for setpoint variation, changing of viewed mnemonic diagrams,
remote manual starting and stoping of technological facilities.
Dispatching system has means for access the control level and allows to organize a number of working places on the upper level net
(for example, Ethernet 10/100 Base-T).
Debugging and loading of the control algorithms into controllers can be performed both by service equipment, connected to controller, and by dispatching point computer.
System architecture allows the ability to develop it step by step and to modernize it during the whole life-cycle, without stoping of the whole system main operation, including:
- increase the number of controled parameters and equipment,
- update the hardware environment in accordance with the element base enhancement, software update.
Software and hardware system support is open and provides connection with other manufacturers systems by using of various protocols: Lon-Work, Modbas, Profibas, Siemens, EIB, as well as with usage of OPC servers, BACNET and others.
Measures on reliability control.
- Quality of elements and units.
All elements, units and materials of system have the corresponding quality certificate. In particular, all production of Sauter company corresponds to ISO 9001 standard and has Russian certificate of the GOCT R correspondence. All element base of the automation and power cabinets, including terminal connectors, transformers, relays, disconnectors, automata, contactors, fastening elements etc., are obtained from leading european producers.
Computers, used in dispatching point, can be of so called industrial version.
- Work performance quality.
Engineering center of Sauter company - Research-Production Company «Uniservice» has all necessary licenses and guarantees the execution of all work stages with high quality.
- Research-Production Company «Uniservice» is able to perform the working project of automation and dispatching system on one's own or to give the consultation support for other design establishments, executing designing, free of charge.
All Research-Production Company «Uniservice» projects are performed on the «Autocad» package basis and have clear graphics and electronic copys.
- Installation work quality corresponds to Russian building norms and regulations and is ensured by usage of qualified staff, professional instrument, quality control on all stages of installation.
Research-Production Company «Uniservice» carries out the assembling and testing of cabinets on it’s own production plant.
- Safety factor assurance.
At the system design stage, attention is given to securing of correct safety factor for equipment and materials:
- Reserve of the executive components capacity and productivity: fans, pumps and others;
- Reserve for the current-carrying elements load: cables, transformers, relay etc.;
- Correct seting of protections and of the automata operation thresholds, thermoswitch etc.;
- Installation of freezing protections for calorifers of ventilation plants;
- Reserve for operating pressure and pressure difference on control valves and others.
- Decentralization of management.
The decentralized management concept is realized in system:
- Programmable controllers of system realize the control process independently, unassisted by computers. Breakdown of computers or communication bus between the computers and controllers would not lead to system stoping. The information obtaining and the setpoints alteration would be embarrassed only.
If all computers are inoperable the information obtaining and the setpoints alteration (if it is necessary) can be accomplished by means of local control panels of controllers
- Number and functions of controllers is also choosen from the terms of decentralization. One controller breakdown should not lead to stoping of a number of technological plants.
- A number of control types is realized in the system:
- Total automatic control;
- Remote manual control of executive devices from computers;
- Remote manual control of executive devices from the controllers control panels;
- Remote or local manual control from manual control panels, placed in automation cabinets in served rooms and immediately near control valves;
- Direct manual movement of the control valve stick by means of electrical operating control, installed inside of the valve drive;
- Direct manual movement of control valve stick by means of hand-driven levers, installed on the valve drive.
- A number (two or more) of computers is placed on upper level of system. Each of them has access to all of system controllers, and can accomplish the mutual reservation.
While normal equipment operation, the different computers can be used to present the information about different processing equipment, or about different processes.
- Number and functions of controllers is choosen in such way, that breakdown of one controller would not lead to stoping of main or reserve processing equipment.
- Mutual doubling of controllers can be used for the building vitally important units control (power and heat supply). In this case controllers can be connected to the same or to the different lines of connection with computers. Individual computers can be used for the building power supply units
- Communication line reservation.
The reserve flow lines of «twisted-pair» type can be putted on the montage stage, in the same or different cabels.
- Controller channels reservation.
Number of channels in controllers is choosen from the terms of 10 - 20% reservation for information and control channels. In the case of breakdown of one or number of channels, reserve channels can be used. Most of controllers channnels are protected by galvanic detachment elements. Therefore power cabinets breakdowns rarely lead to controllers channels breakdowns.
- Processing equipment working conditions checkout.
System monitors and controls the temperature in especially important rooms: on transformer substations, in rooms with uninterrupted power sources, in server rooms etc.
- Maintainance quality.
- Research-Production Company «Uniservice» provides necessary training of maintenance staff.
First training is carryed out on the site during starting-up and adjustment or immediately after starting-up and adjustment.
Second, profound training can be carryed out in Research-Production Company «Uniservice».
- Various access level passwords are settled on computers in the system.
- For especially important objects, the reserve equipment for most important subsystems is delivered along with main equipment.
- Software methods.
The following software reliability methods are used:
- Continuous flow line and controller opearbility testing.
- Sending of warning and alarming signals to staff (sound, on the screen of computer and on printer).
- The diagrams representation displays to staff the control processes, power supply parameters, microclimat parameters inside rooms.
- Journalizing of the device operating time.
- Automatic response to the various breakdown types: executive device breakdown, exceeding of settled control limits. System is provided for the reaction to maintain the settled parameters. In case of impossibility to do that, system stops the equipment and sends the breakdown message.
- In case of breakdown in power supply circuits, the system is programmed to stop the equipment and «softly» start it up after restoration of supply.
Truly yours, Directorate of Research-Production Company «Uniservice»,
Engineering Center of SAUTER company.